Hart Speech Foundation
The Hart Speech Foundation is a recognized 501 (c)(3) charitable organization dedicated to improving the lives of individuals who stutter. The foundation provides advocacy, funding and scholarships to clients of all ages, so no one is denied the opportunity to achieve fluent speech.
The Foundation strives to –
- Identify clients of all ages and provide funding for necessary therapy to ensure fluent speech.
- Ensure students and their families have access to necessary services, and as importantly, to assist them with finding available public funding to help pay for speech therapy that many municipalities are not always able to provide.
- Provide a support network for and collaborate with families so they can help their loved ones build fluent speech.
- Raise awareness of the unique needs of people who stutter and to help therapists understand that these needs cannot always be provided for by local community schools.
- Help Pediatricians and community schools identify youngsters struggling with conventional speech therapy and help them obtain greater access to additional services so they can enjoy a more rich and fulfilling educational experience.
- Provide scholarships for students who choose to pursue a career in helping those who stutter.